Thursday, July 9, 2009

What is the Realistic Over Under for the Huskies

Ted Miller has this great piece on the Huskies, a bit optimistic to be sure, but good nonetheless. He puts the over-under on wins for the Huskies at four wins.

Seattle Times beat writer Bob Condotta, one of the best sources on the Huskies out there, agrees.

For what it's worth, I do too. Sorry to be a buzzkill for those looking for something different than what is out there currently. Looking at this squad and the schedule coming up, it just is the number that screams out of that mess.

Where those wins will come from is trickier to predict, and in truth could be in the two to three range.

The Idaho game is one that most are labeling as a given, and if the Sarkisian staff loses this game they really should be fired on the spot. I think most Husky fans agree that even though it is a lesser opponent it is still a certain must-win.

I agree with Miller also when he states that this team is deceiving in it's talent level. A healthy Jake Locker really raises this team, but that is hard to see over last year's 0-12 debacle.

In truth, I firmly believe that if the Huskies pull a win against BYU, instead of losing by one point, the Huskies would have gone on to have a much better season.

If Nick Holt can figure out the cornerbacks, this defense could be a lot more solid too. I've been a huge fan of Nate Williams since he got to campus, and I think he will look good this year after a year of experience.

The middle is going to be stronger, with Teo'nesheim moving all along the line throughout games and the season. Plus, adding EJ Savannah to this linebacker unit will be a huge boost.

Granted, this is a lot of optimism, and I'm sure someone will just label me a homer. It's true, I can't deny that sometimes I have a lot of bias for my team.

However, I do stand behind the things I say here, and if the Huskies pull out the four victories, this will be the reason why.

All things considered, I cannot wait for the season to start. I can't wait to see how the new staff and the players have gelled.

Less than two months left now...

No comments: